Thursday 23 February 2017

'Tattooed Heart' Music Video Evaluation

For my music video, I made sure that I closely followed the given brief and specification for my music video 'Tattooed Heart'. I decided to work on my own after previously being in a group for the Adele music video. After deciding to part ways and make the decision to make my own music video with a new song and new but essentially similar artist, I embarked on the creative process and direction for my new music video. 

The theme that I was going for in this music video was to be cute, light-hearted, tongue in cheek and romantic, which was a narrative in which I felt anybody watching the video would strongly be able to relate to. I wanted the theme of love, romance, neon lights and high-key lighting to be extremely present and noticeable throughout my video as I felt as though this was striking and compelling elements in order to engage the audience and have them follow the story of two young people in love embarking on their date together in Canary Wharf. 

In my opinion, I feel as though I have followed the necessary and essential techniques of how a music video should look and feel towards the audience through the micro and macro-features that I have incorporated into my music video in terms of: props, lighting, neon lights, a change in setting throughout each act of the music video, mies-en-scene, and costume, which are all techniques that I feel as though makes a music video stand out and identifiable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment